Archive for March 28, 2014

New 2500 ent. B.

Round one: FIGHT!!

I tend to jump around from one build to the next, as I’m sure many builders do. I have a pretty good sized backlog of commissioned builds and pretty much took the last week off to spend with my family.

I decided to jump back in tonight and rather than start where I left off, I started on a new 1/2500 ent. B. Rather than do it just like the last one, I decided to not only remove the raised saucer lines but to also describe them.  This will allow the panel lines on the decals to settle into the grooves. I gave it a quick white primer and a shot of tamiya white pearl.

image

image

image

Enterprise D no.2

As soon as I completed my first set of enterprises, I was commissioned to build a second set for a new client.  I really enjoyed working on the first set and now I know a few things I can improve on to make this run even better. 

The only real obstacle I ran into on the D is that it is covered in panel lines. This is because the original decals that came with the model were only markings.  The new kit decals and aftermarket decals provide aztecing and panel lines, so the first order of business is to sand most of the molded on detail off.

image

Hard to see from the light, but there are raised panel lines that need to go.

image

All the raised lines will need to be sanded smooth.

image

Here you can see the circles left by the ejector pins. These will be filled in and sanded smooth.

image

image

Lightly sanding makes the panel lines more visible as the finish is becoming more matte

image

The ejector pin marks have been filled in with Bondo. They'll be sanded smooth when dry.

image

Looking better already!

The most difficult part is getting the lines that run perpendicular to the phaser strips without sanding down the strips themselves. 

AT-ST nearly complete.

Just need to add the railing and pick out a couple small details.

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

AT-ST update

wpid-wp-1394341753502.jpg

Current progress on an Empire based ATST from the battle of hoth.  I know there’s a lot of discussion about the length of legs for that studio model, etc. But lets not go there.  I’ve already been there and back.

I’ve added detail to the main guns and added hollow barrels to them.  I added the strips to the “eyes” to hold them I’m a closed position. The barrels on the side cannons have been drilled out. I added guitar strings below the “chin” as hose/ cable details. The rear diamond shapes have been cut out and black styrene placed behind the holes. I also added the extra armour plate to the lower have of either side of the “head” and drilled the rivet holes around the dome shapes.

Still left- I’ve designed the emblem that goes on the top corner of either of the large armour plates, I just need to print them out. Then I need to bend some wire and make the rails that go around the hatch and give it some weathering.

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

ISD detail

Just a quick update on the lower hull detail on my imperial star destroyer model.

image

image

image

%d bloggers like this: