As soon as I completed my first set of enterprises, I was commissioned to build a second set for a new client. I really enjoyed working on the first set and now I know a few things I can improve on to make this run even better.
The only real obstacle I ran into on the D is that it is covered in panel lines. This is because the original decals that came with the model were only markings. The new kit decals and aftermarket decals provide aztecing and panel lines, so the first order of business is to sand most of the molded on detail off.
The most difficult part is getting the lines that run perpendicular to the phaser strips without sanding down the strips themselves.